Ye Olde Linoleum Shoppe

Sunday 19 June 2011

MUSEUM OF HATS & BOMBS



I took Her Ladyship out on a little jaunt to the Rathgar Museum of Hats and Bombs. It holds a tidy little collection consisting of James Joyce's hat (Rathgar's filth monger of choice) and a newspaper clipping from the 1970's detailing a bomb scare in the locality (sadly, it all turned out to be a hoax.) Surely no one could doubt how significant Rathgar is in terms of world history after seeing this fine assemblage.
That's the museum pictured above, the box like structure attached at the back is the cafe/gift shop (check out the hat cakes, absolutely deelicious they are.)
I'm sorry to say I had a furious row with the attendant over the disabled access, it took me an age to get Her Ladyship through the slot. Luckily I remembered I had a block of lard in my pocket and after applying it judiciously to the Missus she whizzed right through. Unfortunately this had the knock on effect of making her slide off the handcart on the way home.
She didn't complain, she just kept smiling with that manic grin of hers as I hauled her out of the gutter.
The moral of this little tale is always keep a block of lard handy. It has a thousand uses - and only one of those is deep-frying.
Toodle-pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

My photo
Ireland
I am a descended from a long line of conga dancers. I occasionally wear shoes. I gave up going to the toilet twenty years ago - it's a filthy habit. I have a pet bunny called Mucky - he's a filthy rabbit.

AND NOW FOR SOME SHAMELESSLY DIMINUTIVE FACES IN SMALL SQUARE BOXES