Ye Olde Linoleum Shoppe

Friday 17 June 2011

ARCHAEOLOGISTS' BEARDS: A Simplified Typology



Fig. 1 - The Flowing Heather: A largely abandoned type, now only found among older archaeologists. Often accompanied with a pipe, brogue shoes and a six pack of Harp.


Fig. 2 - The Hayden: A streamlined version of fig. 1. Cheek pieces have been removed to cut down on drag. All remaining hair is kept short to diminish the stink of burnt hair on re-entry to the earth's atomosphere.


Fig. 3 - The Minimalist: Very contemporary. The load bearing capacity of the beard has been completely reduced in an ill judged attempt at irony.


Fig 4 - The Full Brazilian: I'm not ashamed to admit I sport one these myself.

5 comments:

  1. All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead . . . and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, can I use this image in my blog? http://rowanemslieintern.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, no problem, so long as you stick some sort of acknowledgement/link back to my blog on it.

    All the best.

    Conor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrific. I added a Source: You in the image caption and clicking on it links back to this post.

      Delete

Hello

My photo
Ireland
I am a descended from a long line of conga dancers. I occasionally wear shoes. I gave up going to the toilet twenty years ago - it's a filthy habit. I have a pet bunny called Mucky - he's a filthy rabbit.

AND NOW FOR SOME SHAMELESSLY DIMINUTIVE FACES IN SMALL SQUARE BOXES